No pun intended
After knowing Thursday night where we would be going, Ken had to get the ball rolling Friday as far as securing a spot in a unit in Maryland.
He got in contact with the person who handles transfers between states in both locations and has now been penciled into a slot. The exciting thing is that the unit has already been deployed and there isnt a new one on the horizon YET. We should be safe from it for 2-3 years which gives us lots of time to get comfortable in our new home and get things settled before anything happens.
It has started to sink in to me that we are actually doing this, and I am just overwhelmed with what we need to get accomplished in the meantime. Next weekend Ken and I are going to a Strong Bonds retreat at Mackinac Island and then hopefully the next weekend we will drive to Maryland to find a place to live. Our plan is to move out of our current place the weekend of November 1 and head east then.
I am sad for Joey because he REALLY likes his new preschool and has already made some friends there in the 2 days since it started. So far he is friends with Izzy (Isabelle), Joel, and Cloud, and I'm sure there will be a much longer list when it is time to go :( My hope is that we can get him started in a new program immediately when we get there to make the transition easier for him. I have started looking online, but it will just depend on where we end up.
I have started looking at some churches in the area as well, although that will also totally depend on what community we end up calling home!
Its an exciting time for our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment