Jacob is Mr Independent lately.... and I'm certain he'll be climbing mountains in no time. Real ones.
Last week, I was in the boys room getting Joey dressed for school and Jacob was standing in his crib. I thought the side was high enough for him but he was standing there looking over it and then BOOM! on his back on the floor. He somehow climbed up a little - just enough to lean and fall over the top. So the side has been raised completely, but now I have to take everything out of his crib because he "stacks" anything in there and uses it as a stool.
When we go shopping, he will no longer sit in the child part of the cart - even buckled in he manages to squeeze himself up through the belt and wants to stand up the whole time. If I put him in the basket he uses his "crib technique" and tries to stand on everything to lean over the side.
Then a few nights ago, Ken found him sitting in the middle of the dining room table. Climbed out of his high chair. Yep. And then minutes later, did it again. The next day I saw it with my own eyes. What a monkey. and a fast one too!
If something has a 5 point harness (like his car seat) he cant climb out of it, but anything else is free game. GGRRRR!I'm so excited that he is gaining some independence and is so brave, but come on kid, give me a break!
I cant tell you how many times he has pushed his music table to the couch and climbed on top of it to climb onto the couch. And the stairs? He does those faster than I do. And if you go after him, he just kicks it up a notch and squeels with excitement.
I love the age he's at, but cant he just be a little cooing baby in his swing for a few weeks? Just so I can get us moved?!
On the fun side, I wish I had a video of the park the other night. He followed Ava right up the steps to the little slide (note it was little, but it was not a baby slide by any means...) and came down on his belly face first - no fear whatsoever. It was so cute. And then he'd go right back and do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment