Last week was kind of a turning point for us. Its like we have "figured things out"...at least for the time being.
While I absolutely LOVE staying home with the kids, I have been trying to choose a direction for where life will lead me when they go to school. I have decided to go back to LCC in the fall to pursue a new degree. I want to be an RN!!!! I have a few semesters of pre-reqs to take (or in some cases, re-take... a few classes that I took at CMU dont count because I took them too long ago...) and then I will be applying to the accelerated RN program. The accelerated program is for students who already have at least a BS degree, and will put me through the program in 14 months. I am so unbelievably excited about this new "path" I have chosen and Ken is equally as excited and so supportive of me doing this.
We have also decided to hold off on trying for more children for the time being. I say it like that, because I just dont think our family is complete yet. But for the next 5-10 years we'd like to focus on the wonderful children we already have. This will also allow me to pursue my dream of becoming an RN and get settled into a career. When the kids are a little older, we will either try to have another baby ourselves or possibly adopt 1 or 2. We both have friends who have recently adopted children from Guatemala, and I see what an amazing gift they are giving to these children by giving them a loving home and supportive family. I cant help but dream of giving this same gift to more children some day.
We have also made a big difference in our day to day living by changing our eating habits. We have both already lost a little weight, and I just feel so good. We have been eating more fruits and vegetables, more lean meats, and healthier carbs. We are actually loosely following the food guide pyramid and counting our calories. Its wonderful for all of us, and I feel healthier already. Its also nice knowing that we are setting a good example for the kids.
Joey.... is getting ready for preschool to start. He recently finished swimming lessons with Aunt Jessica and is gearing up to play soccer in the fall. I cant believe how big he is getting and how smart he is!
Ava... is your typical 2 year old. She is so sweet one minute and full of spunk and temper tantrums the next. We of course adore her and are so proud that she is showing more interest in going on the potty and wearing princess undies!
Jacob... holy cow, he is getting so big! And boy is he active! Over night, he has turned into a little "Mini Joey" and is just the sweetest baby. He always has a big smile - showing off his new teeth - and loves to laugh too!
Kayla... is doing great in Las Vegas! We miss her like crazy and cant wait until she comes in July! She is very proud right now because she is learning to read in school, and we cant wait to see it in action!
Sorry for the long-winded update. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment