Last week, we enjoyed our mid-way ultrasound of our BABY GIRL! To say I am excited is an understatement.
Right from the beginning, I had a feeling this baby would be rocking the xx gene... the pattern of our children would suggest girl.... I grew up hoping for 2 sons and 2 daughters of my own... and my mother's intution had yet to fail me on what "type" of baby I was having with each of my previous pregnancies. I dont think I have ever smiled so big as when the ultrasound tech told me the news... not only is my baby a girl, but she is developing perfectly, and my uterus and cervix seem to be right on par as well. There has been some concern, with this being my 4th c-section baby that we might have issues with this pregnancy, but so far, everything is good. So so good.
The baby was moving around so much during the u/s, I like to affectionately call her my tiny dancer, but in real life, we will call her Bella. Bella means beautiful, and I'm quite certain she will live up to her name, inside and out. There's already a little jealousy showing up in our other beautiful girl, who thinks that maybe we should call the baby Ava, and change her name to Bella, because that name is prettier than hers. She's worried the baby will be cuter than her, wear cuter clothes, and just be loved more in general by the rest of the family. I'd say Ava has enjoyed being the only little girl in the house 9 months out of the year. I think having another sister is going to be a very good thing for her, but it is definately going to take some getting used to.
Speaking of being a tiny dancer, I have started feeling the fluttery kicks and movements of our sweet girl, and it just feels so good. I am so blessed to get to experience this journey all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment